I hope you’re having a great day! I know this is weird cause it’s blogmas and we’re talking about sadness but this is meant to help so let’s think of it as a happy thing yaaaay
Because as you know I’m trying to post more like… relatable things when it comes to mental health.
As some may know, during summer *and until now a bit* I’ve been a little sad since I changed schools and I miss my friends and my crush and that just messed up my feelings in general, if that makes sense. 😅
Ok so here goes nothing:
Things That Help Me When I’m Sad:
These are written in no particular order:
- Listen to music. In particular, I recommend Ariana Grande’s latest album’s songs, and these 2 other songs she released from her upcoming album. She’s been through stuff so her music at least makes ME relate. Listen to her music from this year.
- Try to enjoy the things you have in your life.
- Spend time with your friends and hang out with them, go to the movies, a show, anything! You really don’t know how much it has helped me, it makes you totally forget about your problems, it’s amazing.
- Spend time with your family too. It usually makes you feel great.
- Exercise, it makes you release a lot of stress and makes you tired so eventually you’ll find it easier to sleep.
- Watch a movie.
- Read a book.
- I actually came up with this the other day: I thought, what if you die tomorrow? You’re gonna have spent the last days of your life all sad and miserable?
- Go to new places!
- Go shopping! It won’t fill the blank space you’ve got, but it’ll make you forget about it for a bit!
- Do the things you love, keep doing them. Always save time for them.
- Set up new goals and milestones to keep yourself motivated.
- Learn something new, it gives you a lot of satisfaction, believe me.
And I’m not saying these things cause they cheesy or whatever, they REALLY have helped me. Not like 100% but I just have to keep going, they really make things better and they distract your mind from negative thoughts.
Share your thoughts with me!
Do you agree with this list? Has any of these things helped you *if you tried, of course*? What do YOU do when you’re sad? What keeps you motivated? Do you like shopping? Do you exercise? How are you feeling right now? Tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I hope you liked this post as much as I liked making it! I hope it helps you. I hope you have a great day/night and a great rest of the week! This is my last week of school before xmas!!!!!