*yeah, that was a long
I hope you’re having a great day! I thought of talking about this because it’s something I see a lot lately as I’m a teen and teens my age being to be in relationships.
But first… lemme take a selfie. Nah just kidding! Okay that was really bad lol
This isn’t meant to offend anyone nor isn’t written inspired by anyone in particular. All I’m saying is in general.
Ok so in my generation people have started to get in relationships from about 3 or 4 years ago, but it was really few people. However now from the past year we’ve been seeing how more people are couples now and all of that.
And sad but true, some people feel like they have to be in a relationship too.
I, along many others haven’t been on a relationship yet. Personally, I’m ok with it, as I have a crush I’m trying to get over and I’ve been very sad for the past year, so I don’t think I’d be at all ready for a relationship.
Even if I were, let’s be real, no one’s gonna ask me out in a loooong time 😂😂😂
Also, I’m ok alone, like, I’m not saying I don’t wanna have a boyfriend, I’m just saying I’m ok with or without one, that’s what I mean. I’m not impatient for the day I find someone, I have my doubts and fears, but it’s too soon to worry about it, especially cause it hasn’t happened.
Now enough about me… I’ve heard many people saying they’re totally ok alone and they don’t wanna be in a relationship cause “ewww who needs that?” and cause “feminism”…
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a feminist and I believe in equality. It is totally true that you don’t depend on a guy or a girl or a romantic relationship nor a sexual relationship to be happy, nor successful, or just to be able to breathe. But there’re people who think that feminism is about not needing nor wanting anyone.
We’re all human. And it’s in our DNA that we don’t wanna be alone, we don’t wanna feel alone. But it’s totally ok to want to be with someone. As well as being heterosexual doesn’t mean you’re a homofobe, being feminist doesn’t mean you can’t wanna have someone else.
Just don’t make it a priority.
I’ve seen many people who are in relationships just to say it, you can’t see the love between each other. That only makes them unhappy.
It’s just funny because the people who say they don’t want boyfriends, girlfriends and stuff are actually the ones that are more desperate to get someone. You can see in their attitude and even certain things they say that reveal it.
Sometimes they even end up admitting it in situations where they go…
- “Look at him/her, can you believe she’s/he’s in a relationship and we’re not? Amiright?”
- “How did this this guy get a girlfriend?”
- “I honestly thought out of all of us she would be the last one to be asked out”
- “Why does no one ask me out? I think I’d be a good girlfriend, and also, look at me… pssh!”
- “Dude, out of all of us single guys in the class, why did she chose him? I mean, he’s got nothing on me!”
Can you smell the envy?
- It’s ok to want somebody, there’s nothing wrong about it and there’s no need to deny it, nor act like it’s the other way around.
- Feminism is about equality, not about being alone.
- It’s not healthy to make relationships a priority, one may make a bad choice and deeply regret it. Don’t be with someone just because you don’t wanna be alone, be with them because you enjoy their company and spending time with them.
💖 💖 💖
Share your thoughts with me!
Have you even been in a relationship? If not, would you like to be in one? Have you experienced anything like this? How many people do you think fake this too? Tell me everything!!!!!!!!!
I hope you liked this post as much as I liked making it!!! I love making these types of posts! Love yourself, peeps! I hope y’all have a great day/night and hope you have a great week!