I hope you’re having a great day! I know I’ve already posted 2 collabs about the end of the decade and stuff, but it is kind of a big deal? I mean, the 20’s are back people!!!!
Also, I don’t think you know this, but one year ago I made a post about the Things I Achieved in 2018 at the end of last year. So when we were making the collabs I remembered and got the idea, so why not?
Cause I’m not making it about this year only, but about the decade as a whole, you know? It’s gonna be different. Ok, I’m gonna just start.
Things I Achieved This Decade (2010 – 2019)
A little bit of context: The decade started in 2010, when I was going to turn 8 – so I was 7/8 -, now it’s ending in 2019, where I’ve been 16/17. A lot has happened.
These are written in no particular order of importance.
- I started learning english on my own at 9 years old, so that makes me a self-taught english speaker. This is definitely gonna help me in the future because whenever I need to know english to do something, that path is already paved.
- I created this blog at 11 years old. That was in December 2013, so 6 years ago now. I’m proud of it cause I became friends with a bunch of cool people and learnt about different ways of living, but also I became better at writing, I’ve learnt to make the images, and also how to make content. When I start a youtube channel for instance, I’m not gonna be new at making content.
- I went out of a toxic friendship I had been dealing with for 3 years. So this was in third grade, so I was 8. I had this friend who was extremely manipulative and who was just not a good friend at all. She was very bad person then and still is now. She made me pretty miserable during those 3 years were were bffs. This experience has also helped me with other friendships.
- I’ve started and almost finished secondary school. I don’t know if I should put this on the list, but I guess I wrote it because it’s been a period where I’ve learnt a lot, not only about people, but also about myself.
- I’ve met a lot of amazing people who have inspired me to follow my dreams and who have influenced the things I want to do and who I want to be. I think this is pretty self-explanatory, right? Without those people I have no idea who I’d be or I’d wanna be right now.
- I’ve learnt not not give a crap about what others think of me and do my thing. When I was in elementary school I cared a lot about what others thought of me. but when I was in high school I started not caring, and I didn’t even realize that until I was 14 or something.
- I’ve become confident. This has something to do with the last one, but also with others. I think getting good grades and knowing english and all of these things made me confident but also they made me believe in myself and believing I can do this and that.
- I’ve become interested in reading. At 13 I started actually liking reading, because until then, reading was pretty boring to me and I really hated it. But I discovered that reading can be really fun, you just have to find the right book. Not that I read so much, but I enjoy myself when I do.
- I’ve developed a passion for learning about anything *well, pretty much* Since I was a kid, my parents always encouraged me to learn and know things, but I found that unnecessary and boring. When I got into secondary school I starting feeling interested in pretty much everything we were doing in school without almost realizing it.
- I’ve found out why it is important to be a good person. This is kind of like the last one. My parents gave me some values and I followed those values, however as a little kid I always wondered why we have to be good people, since there’re bad people who live just as good being bad. But meeting good people and making friendships based on good values makes you understand the true reason why it’s important to be good.
- I’ve definitely matured. I mean, you defo change and your mind changes from being 7 to 17. Experiences, people, yourself… all those things change the way you think, they make you learn… You mature if you take those things a little seriously.
- I’ve got through a teenage crisis and got over it. This happened around 2018 and this year, 2019. I had a rough time, I wouldn’t go through it again even if I were given a million box. I’m proud I got over it, cause sometimes I never saw the light coming and I’m super glad I found it. There’s always a way out. Always.
Share your thoughts with me!
What things have you achieved or learnt this year? Do you think those things are gonna help you next decade? How old were you when this decade started? Tell me stufff!!!!!!!!
I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing this! I also hope you’ve had a great decade and I hope the next one brings you lots of joy and health! See ya next time!!!!